Total Pageviews

Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pigling A Cinderella Story

From a life filled with heartache and hardship, comes an unmatched beauty destined for a fairy-tale ending: Pear Blossom, a young Korean girl, leads a happy life with her parents--until her mother dies and her father remarries. Her new wicked stepmother and stepsister make Pear Blossom the victim of their cruelty. They give her the nickname Pigling, or little pig, and do everything they can to torture her. But soon, magical creatures come to Pear Blossom's aid--and one day, the girl meets a handsome magistrate. Will Pear Blossom's luck change for the better? Or is she destined to suffer at her stepfamily's hands forever?

I bought this not long ago and fell in love with it. I love the story and the artwork is beautiful.  I have been fascinated  with the different versions I have found of the classic "Cinderella".   This is one of the best ones I've found lately. A treasure you and your kids will love. Done in the classic Comic tradition Pigling will steal your heart away with her courtesy and kindness. There is no fairy godmother to sweep her into a new life, but the kindness of animals helping her to do impossible tasks.

I hope that you will try this book and enjoy it as much as I did!


Pigling A Cinderella Story

No comments:

Post a Comment